Fall Spiced Banana Bread
Created by Kari Ray
Seasoned with warm fall spices and sweetened with rich brown sugar, this twist on traditional banana bread will delight your taste buds and satisfy your cravings for all things Autumn.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups well-mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside.3. In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, brown sugar, yogurt, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until well blended.
4. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, mix just until moistened.
Stir in pecans.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Top with additional pecans if desired. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
7. Slice and enjoy!