Super Easy Vegetable Quiche
Created by Kari Ray
Everyone needs a go-to quiche recipe. Better yet, everyone needs a super easy go-to quiche recipe. Well…look no further, because this recipe checks all those boxes.
This savory dish is the perfect meal for brunches, lunches, and even dinner. With just the right combination of eggs, cream and cheese, this quiche is smooth, creamy and chocked full of tender vegetables. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser. And because it’s so easy to make and can be made ahead, it’s perfect for gatherings and parties.
- 2 small yellow onions, finely diced
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 cup Gruyère or Emmental cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, diced into 1 in pieces
- 1 9 in unbaked pie crust or 5 mini (4 in) pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small skillet, sauté onions until translucent.
- Blanch the chopped broccoli and diced red pepper for about 3 minutes in a pot of boiling water. Strain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and cream, add in the cooked onions, cheese, salt, pepper and blanched broccoli and red peppers. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked 9 inch pie crust.
- Bake on 350 for 30-45 minutes until center has set.
- Serve hot or enjoy cold!
Don’t like broccoli or red peppers? Change it up by adding the vegetables of your choice. Or add some roasted bite-sized potatoes with bacon and onions for a rustic treat!