There is no better way to celebrate summer than by firing up the grill! With a delicious flavor combination of lemon and garlic and smothered in tangy yogurt, these kebabs are sure to be a crowd pleaser. Serve these up on a bed of couscous or with your favorite grilled veggies.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1tsp coriander, cumin, salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric and black pepper in a medium bowl. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade and mix well to coat the chicken pieces. Seal bag and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Thread chicken tightly onto skewers.
- On medium to low heat, grill skewers until well browned on all sides, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer skewers to platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite roasted vegetables and couscous.