Just in time for cozy autumn days…our new take on the classic banana bread. We’ve used a rich brown sugar and seasoned this treat with pumpkin pie spice to bring in the warm flavors of the season.
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1 1/2 cups well-mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- • 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- • 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- • 2 large eggs
- • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • ½ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, brown sugar, yogurt, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until well blended.
4. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, mix just until moistened.
Stir in pecans.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Top with additional pecans if desired. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
7. Slice and enjoy!